Friday, July 06, 2012

What's Behind the Mortar?


I had a window put in today.  Well, let me rephrase that: I almost had a window put in today.

I don’t know how many of you have worked with contractors before, but many times they’re not the most reliable bananas in the bunch.  We’ve done a lot of remodeling in our house in the country cove, so I’ve had several run-ins with these guys.  It usually ends up the same way- I’m at their mercy and they know it. 


The window guys were here, ready to cut out the wall, and all they needed was a brick guy.  Just one guy to remove a bunch of bricks so that the window would actually allow light to come through!  After all, windows are pretty useless when they have brick walls behind them.

Long (and stressful) story short, two days came and went, and I am still looking at a brick wall in my living room (Yes, I know that people in New York City would pay thousands for a brick wall inside, but this isn’t NYC, people!!!)

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Thanks for guest posting and being flexible with me! :)

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...