Monday, June 04, 2012

Rescue Leads to Abandon + 1000 Gifts {& some Instagram love}

I waited and waited and waited for God.  At last he looked; finally he listened.  He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud.  He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn't slip.  He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God.  More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God. {Psalm 40:1-3 MSG}

abandon verb (used with object) -- to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly, desert;

Simple thoughts this morning.  Just a reminder of how pathetic and hopeless we were in our sin until our Rescuer pulled us from death into life.  He is the only reason we stand today, and our only response is abandon.  Completely forsaking ourselves and clinging only to Him and His purifying grace.

Lord Jesus, remind us of our rescue!

~~~

Always counting...
#541 Summer break
#542 Bright, beautiful blue skies

#543 Husband who works hard

#544 Tomatoes green

#545 So much watermelon!!!

#546 Sermons that enrich

#555 Summer reading

#556 Mornings with Him
~~~
Linking up today-->



2 comments:

Arielle Hattan said...

Hey Katie! I tried to email you but I'm not sure it went through. I would cherish your help :) My email is arielle.hattan@gmail.com. Will you please send me your email? Thanks!!!

Jacqui said...

Good thoughts, Katie! Beautiful pics!

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...