Friday, June 29, 2012

Fear of the Dance


I am terribly uncoordinated at times.  The fancy footwork that is expected of me brings confusion and before I know it, I'm standing completely still, unable to move my feet.

I fear the mistakes, the mess-ups, the falls.

I fear the dance.

Unwilling to step into territory unknown, I freeze, accomplishing nothing more than, well, nothing!

But I'm in need of the practice, the one-two-three's, the taking-it-slow, the not worrying about falling.  It's the practice that makes the stepping easier and conquers the fear.

And when I find my step, my Teacher cheers for more, because He knows what the practice will produce.

Finally, leaving behind the fear, I dance... and I live.



Beholding Glory

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Yes! Exactly.. I fear the dance sometimes, too. But He is with us!

Leah said...

Good for you conquer that fear and live. I love the your last line.

http://leahjlynn.wordpress.com/

Barbie said...

Beautifully written my friend. I've missed your space. I am so far behind in reading. But I will catch up. Looking forward to reading more of your words!

Bonny said...

Great post - good reminder.. When reading this, I was thinking that fear usually comes with too much thinking on what comes next vs just stepping each step as we move forward. Thank you. Blessings!

Michele-Lyn said...

Barbie... me too! I miss my blogging friends <3

Michele-Lyn said...

Beautiful... I love your heart -- so willing to be honest about your weakness (and we share so many of the same ones) and then lean fully into the One Whose strength becomes perfect in them... Blessings to you.. miss you <3

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...