Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Wedding Photographer

Up with the sun, camera charged, I become the wedding photographer.

I become the one who calms nerves,
the one who makes up ridiculous stories to distract a nervous bride,
and the one who braves the men's restroom just to get that perfect shot.



I am the one who eats in the car while traveling from one venue to another,
straightens the carpet runner before the ceremony,
hides the bride when she's not supposed to be seen
and makes the flower girl giggle when she seems unsure.

I'm the girl who drives the couple to a nearby park to get the shots they saw on Pinterest.
I'm the girl who lies on the ground in a skirt while it's sprinkling to achieve the perfect angle.


The girl who stands on her feet for 6 hours, except for the 5 minutes of sitting to eat a banana, and crouches in the middle aisle of the church for 15 minutes.

I'm the one you will hear saying, "Excuse me," about 1,000 times to get to the right spot and follow the happy couple around and I'm the one you'll see gazing at the chocolate fountain with wishful, hungry eyes.

But when all is said and done, I'm the girl who relishes spending a Saturday capturing the beginning of 2 hearts becoming 1, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


I'm the wedding photographer, and I love every minute of it!
~~~
Step on over to my photography page to see more.

4 comments:

Megan Hall said...

Beautiful!  <3

Nikki said...

Yes. you are ;) 

Adrienne said...

Beautiful photos!! I love the way you described this task so beautifully. It's a big job!

Tonya said...

These photos turned out beautiful, Katie! You have such a great eye for photography. 

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...