Monday, May 14, 2012

Prayers of Rain and Cloudy Skies

"Photo shoot this morning.  Please pray that this rain goes away."

A text message sent to 8 faithful friends.

At first I felt silly, this asking for prayer about rain.  Does God really care about my cap and gown pictures?  Is this even on His radar screen?  Shouldn't I spend my prayer time asking for healing and salvation and, you know, the big spiritual things?
"Ask and you will receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16:24 ESV)
He doesn't say, "Ask about only the big things; I'm way too busy for the small requests."  He's in everything, every moment, big or small.

And so I prayed, very specifically asking for rain to stop and the clouds to remain.  Those clouds that I knew would create the softest creamy light for faces in front of my lens.

And my tiny request was answered by the God of creation.

For only one hour, I had the most perfect window of rainless cloudy skies.



And that brings me joy.
~~~

Always counting...
#516 That she knows something's wrong without me saying anything
#517 Surprise thoughtful gifts
#518 Excitement when they see me
#520 A simply elegant wedding
#521 Capable camera in low light
#524 Window from which to watch rain

3 comments:

Meag said...

I prayed! That is so cool!

Megan Hall said...

Yay!  :)

Nikki said...

Love those windows of time from Him! He is the God of the little things, isn't He...

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...