Monday, April 30, 2012

You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

You know those days when you know Satan is fighting God for you?  The ones where there is something the enemy desperately wants you to avoid because he knows how powerful it will be in your life?  This weekend has been full of obstacles for me, and here's how it happened.

When I started seeing all the tweets about the (in)RL conference, I realized I'd forgotten all about it!!!  I quickly registered thought for a really long time about whether or not to register (because I'm completely indecisive) and finally decided to go for it.  I printed all my handouts and read all the information I would need.  I, true to character, was prepared!  Comfy pants, water bottle, and my laptop- all ready for something amazing.



"Establishing connection..."  This is what I saw.  For thirty minutes...

And I won't lie- I was frustrated.  Really frustrated.  Like the snap-at-everyone-and-feel-guilty-later kind of frustrated.

You see, I live in the country, and while I love it more than you can imagine, I can only get satellite internet.  Which means streaming is likely to be an issue.  There was NO way I was watching this webcast at home.

So I immediately came up with an alternative plan stomped around the house and whined for awhile, then decided to hit up Panera with my iPad for the final showing of the day, the 8PM showing.  Mind you, it's a 30-minute drive to anywhere from my house.  Leaving in plenty of time to order some yummy food, I headed out the door, only to discover, about 15 minutes out, that I'd forgotten my ear buds.  Ok, this isn't a big deal. I'll just turn the volume down really low.  Mmmhmm...

Guess what, friends--- Panera closes at 9PM.  So if you're ever trying to watch a two-hour webcast that starts at 8, don't drive 30 minutes to find one.  

You can't make this stuff up!!!

My other option?  Chickfila.  I could hide in a booth and eat a salad and watch my webcast and take notes and everything would be perfect!  So that's what I did.  Until some teenagers sat in the table next to me and felt the need to shout random, useless things and ruined my little grilled chicken salad utopia.

To the car I went. My iPad, the borrowed Chickfila WiFi, and my frustrations.  We all sat in my car for an hour.  I got home after 10PM.  I was exhausted.  

Fast forward to Saturday morning.  Day 2 of (in)RL!  Eight videos to watch, and since they aren't live webcasts, they should work, right?  Ok, surely you know where this is going by now...  Nope. Nothing.

No big deal, I thought, I'll just head to Barnes and Noble, find a comfy chair, (remember my ear buds this time) and watch!

The chair was brown (and I may or may not have thought about how many other people had sat in it), in the middle of the store (much to my chagrin), and it was comfy.  There was only one problem- the videos wouldn't play.  I promise you I tried everything, but my iPad just refused!  So... I got up, at this point almost laughing at how ridiculous this had become, and walked out to my car.  

Long story short...or long story long... I did finally get to watch!  (Thankful that I have keys to my school!!!)

I found myself wondering what God had to say to me that was making the enemy so angry!  What did God want me to hear?

Well, I know now.  I know exactly.  And you will hear more about that very soon.

~~~

Always Counting...
#497 Calming peace in opposition
#500 Community found- (in)RL
#502 Precious openness in friendship
#503 Morning prayers from a friend
#504 Cute couple at photo shoot

9 comments:

Michele-Lyn Ault said...

Oh my gosh! You had me laughing on this one! You left out all the gory details this weekend.. lol

 I can't wait to hear more :)

Maria @ A Blooming Spirit said...

Way to overcome!  Sometimes, I feel like you describe and those are the days when I tell my stubborn self to let it rip against the enemy.  I cannot wait to hear what God is trying to tell you!  I am staying tuned!

crystalstine said...

what a cliff hanger! can't wait to hear what God spoke to you :) so exciting - praise Him for all those wonderful options you had, even if most of them didn't quite work out :D

Jamie H said...

A got chills reading your post.  Can't wait to hear your story.

AshlieWrites said...

love you my friend!! glad you FINALLY got to watch them...and I'm kinda in suspense about your next posts!!! :D :D God's doing great things!

Barbie said...

Oh this will be good.  So glad you stuck to your guns and persevered.  I've missed you.  I'm so behind in my blog reading!

Nikki said...

Oh, the enemy is so mad at you ;) Way to be persistent!  Anxious to hear how God spoke to your heart, friend.

Tonya said...

Wow, that was a crazy amount of stumbling blocks! I'm so glad that you pushed on, anyway, and had positive experiences in the end. 

I can't wait to hear "more about it soon." :) 

Also, congrats on making it halfway through your 1000 Gifts!

Adrienne said...

Wow! You persevered, girl! Can't wait to hear what Satan was trying so hard to keep you from. I'm new to your blog, but I love the relationship you have with God. It's evident that you are lead by the spirit! Good stuff. :)

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...