Wednesday, April 04, 2012

[dear friend]

When you first shared your struggle, I have to admit I was stunned and surprised.  I had no idea what to say or think, for yours was a wrestling I'd never encountered before.  Yet you were so free with your words and your trust that I found my heart bleeding with compassion for yours.


I don't know what the future holds for you, but I'm finding that He's drawing me to lift up prayers, begging for grace and peace in your world.  Frankly, I'm a little scared that He won't answer, for perhaps this is all for His glory, and like the thorn of Paul, it's meant to bring Him glory.

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' " (2 Cor. 12:8-9 ESV)

What if your pain is for Him?  What if He's chosen this for you and it will not change?  Your struggle creates a struggle in my own heart, and I'm left to wonder if that's part of the plan.  Does He want my faith to grow too?  Do I need to share in your battle so He can win the one in my own heart?

I know this God is great and completely powerful; He's our healer and He's the grace-giver.  I do not doubt his love for us, and I do not question His sovereign plans.  So what's left for me to do?

Trust.
Have faith.
Praise.
no matter what

I don't understand why the affliction has fallen upon you, at least not in my earthly mind.  I pray for deliverance and new life. I pray for healing and peace.  I beg for a miracle.

yet I will surrender to His will.



4 comments:

Nikki said...

What an amazing friend you are. I'm so thrilled He's won your heart and you're willing to use it for His glory. Keep striving! :) love and hugs to you!

Sarah Koci Scheilz said...

Katie . . . I feel like this could have been written from you (or from any friend!) to me, or from me to a friend. Beautiful words here, and you touched quite a chord! God is good in everything. Love you!

T Sam said...

Thank you! :) You bless my socks off. Forrealsies.

Amy McCollister said...

Oh how I have longed to say, and to hear these words in several circumstances. :) Beautiful words here friend. Love you!

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...