Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stand in Awe

Your lightning sets night skies on fire.
Your thunder shakes tall pines.
Rains pour down around me and winds whip fiercely.
And I stand in awe.
In the storm, the Almighty's unmatched power is thrust upon creation.
And yet, in the storm, my soul is stilled because the Creator of the storm is my Father.
Unafraid, I stand and gaze upon the beautiful display, perfectly safe in His arms.

The heavens declare the glory of the Lord! (Psalm 19:1 ESV)

Image Credit


2 comments:

Natasha said...

Safe in His arms... Love that. 

Nikki said...

"my soul is stilled because the Creator of the storm is my Father."
I've tattooed that on my mind and am going to remind myself that the next storm I face.
love it.
(and love the image!)

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...