Monday, March 26, 2012

I Don't Have a Story to Tell

I think back to a time when I didn't know who I was, let alone who I was in Christ.  Today, I have a hard time remembering that girl.  I was full of ideas about what life should look like and how I should live it.  If I'm being honest, I would have to say that I really left no room for Christ once I was done filling all the crevices with that things I wanted.



People keep telling me they want to hear my story.  The first time I heard that, my immediate thought was, "Yeah right. I don't have a story.  I'm just a normal girl who's grown up in a Christian home.  How can anyone learn anything from my story?"

Oh friend, if you've thought these words, please hear me loud and clear.  Please learn what it's taken me years to learn.

YOUR STORY IS NOT ABOUT YOU AT ALL!

It doesn't matter if you have some really awful past with a great come-to-Jesus moment.
It doesn't matter if you met Jesus at age three and have lived for Him since.
None of that matters!
The only thing that matters is that you've been rescued by a living God who desires glory for Himself!
(No, that doesn't mean God is selfish. Who else would we have Him glorify?)

We tell our stories because we must.  We tell them to encourage others that yes, someone else has been where they are.  We write, we sing, we speak- all to share who we are and what He's taken us through.

Don't be too quick to dismiss your story, because we are all part of God's story.
Our stories shine the gospel.
This gospel is all about changing the old to new!

Do not be afraid, friend.
Let Him speak.

~~~


Always counting...
#441 Honey-roasted peanut butter
#443 Grocery store chats with a dear friend
#445 Heart-to-hearts
#446 Worship
#447 Clearing of rain + sunshine!
#448 Walking downtown with hubby
#450 Psalm 103

7 comments:

Nikki said...

That moment...when we realize our story isn't about us after all, is life-changing! And I enjoy hearing how His story unfolds through you, friend.
Beautiful post!!!
(and I'm drooling over honey-roasted PB...)

Amy McCollister said...

I have said those words...thought those words...felt those words. I don't have a story...well, not one worth telling anyway... :) 

Jamie H said...

yes!  amen and amen!

Sarah@ Speaking of Truth said...

I absolutely, 100% agree with this, Katie!! We all have an immensely powerful story to tell, because it all points back to the Storyteller. Love you!

Meag said...

one of my favorite posts!!
I just realized this, this year.
now, I am so excited to share what HE has done in my life! :)

Katie @simply[his] said...

PLEASE start telling it!  I'll be your biggest fan!  <3

Katie @simply[his] said...

aren't you glad we started telling anyway??!

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...