Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yet I Will Rejoice

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. (Habakkuk 3:17-18 NIV)
~~~
Ran across these verses this week while reading through the Old Testament.  It's such a simple reminder that even if everything, our entire livelihood, disappears, we still have our God, and that is enough.  We aren't called to settle for Him, but rather to rejoice in Him!





Linking up with Barbie today for Fresh Brewed Sunday.



3 comments:

Christy Harrison said...

I love this verse, Katie! Such a beautiful reminder of who Yahweh is in our lives, our greatest hope, our truest anything, no matter what appears to be happening.

Laura Rath said...

So true! In the good times and the bad, we are to praise Him and rejoice in Him.

Stopped over from Fresh Brewed Sunday.
Blessings, Laura

Barbie said...

"We aren't called to settle for Him, but rather to rejoice in Him!"  Yes!  I love this!

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...