Friday, February 17, 2012

Twirly Skirts and Purple Shoes [FMF]

On Fridays, we write for just 5 minutes.
Today's topic is delight.
~~~

She is all eyes and smiles when I come into view.

"Tadie, wook at my shoes! Dere purple!"
"See my twirly skirt? I can twirl!  Watch me!"
"Guess what I did today at gymnastics?"

And she delights in me...
In my presences.
In sharing everything with me, even the tiniest details, about her life.

And, as usual, the Creator of the universe uses the innocent to teach the weathered and worn.
Those of us who tend to forget delight in the midst of busy.
Oh, to delight in Him and take great joy in just being in His presence!
To become wide-eyed and all smiles...
To share my day and my joys with Him...
To delight in Him...
In just being with Him.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)






Because HE is the desire of my heart.
And His delight is in me, His dear daughter, twirly skirt and purple shoes included!

~~~




19 comments:

Tirzah said...

Isn't true how the youngest can teach us the biggest lessons!  Great post today.  Be blessed, Tirzah

Tara_pohlkottepress said...

i love every bit of that title, so knew I needed to come by... aren't these moments given by children just the best??

tanya zelem said...

"as usual, the Creator of the universe uses the innocent to teach the weathered and worn.". . . those words are salve that soothes my soul . . .
thank you.

Omily said...

I used the same verse today :) Love your post...so twirly and sweet!

Brenda said...

I love your post! Your daughter sounds like my Abby when she was little. Kids certainly know how to delight!!!

Sabrina said...

I wish we could just freeze children in their young age.  It would preserve their innocence, their delight, their trust in life for what they see in front of them.  

Pruningprincesses said...

Kids always know how to delight. And sometimes we are so hardened to the small delights it takes time to pul ourselves into the moment and delight with them. Maybe this is why older adults always want grandchildren...to remind them how to delight. 

Ashley Pichea said...

I love it!

Alymae29 said...

We learn so much from them, don't we? Perhaps that's why God calls children a blessing:)

Denise J. Hughes said...

To delight in the childlike innocence of our little ones is truly the best. I'm sure that's how our Father delights in us as well. (I wonder if the way WE talk sounds like that to Him too? :)  )

Tia said...

Oh this is so sweet and so true!! Our Savior delights in us and we in Him and He pours Himself out every day for our sake.  He uses the meek and the innocent to teach us eternal truths...and to touch our weary souls.

Jamie H said...

I just love this sweet post!  Love it!!  And it is so true.  Thank you for taking me down the path of twirly skirts and purple shoes.

sarahkocischeilz said...

Amen, sister! The Creator of the universe CONSTANTLY uses the innocent to teach the weathered & worn. He is so wise in how He teaches us, yes? Thank you for this post! 

Rose Booth said...

I tend to always forget delight in the midst of busy.  Love this!

Annie | annieathome.com said...

Katie, this is so beautiful. We can learn so much from the sweet little people in our lives. Thanks for this.

Kariss Lynch said...

"the Creator of the universe uses the innocent to teach the weathered and worn." Oh, I love that line. Thanks for your beautiful post, and thanks for stopping by my blog last Friday. I enjoyed visiting your blog!

Nikki said...

"The Creator of the universe uses the innocent to teach the weathered and worn." that was pure brilliance :)
so blessed by your post--thank you!

Lori said...

So true. You touched on so many of my thoughts!
Keep up the God work.

AshlieWrites said...

So precious, sweet, and SO true! Thanks for this reminder :)

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...