Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Taming the Wild One















You love every harmful word, oh you deceitful tongue! (Psalm 52:4 NIV84)


Sometimes I feel them welling up inside of me.
They claw their way up to the surface and shoot to the sky like waters in a fountain.
Try as I might, I simply cannot keep them in!
Words.
Harmful, hurtful, selfish words.
Words without love, born from sinful chains that seem to hold me captive.


Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. (Proverbs 12:18 NIV84)


My words are reckless, my emotions unchecked.
Every solace I seek from myself brings only frustration.
I want to hide until the storm passes...
The angry thoughts shout in my ears and beg to be heard.
My tongue obeys.
And I speak.


And I'm defeated.... yet again.


But no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. (James 3:8 NIV84)


All of my trying is in vain.
I am unable to tame my tongue!
My sinful nature won't allow it.
Only God can tame my tongue.
Only He can harness this evil that lies within me.


Hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught. (Psalm 55:2 NIV84)


Praise be to God for his unfailing mercy.
Without it, I am hopeless...
Without it, I am wild...
Without Him, I am nothing.


Do you find yourself struggling to love with your words?  Do hurtful words seem to take hold?  

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this simple, life-changing truth: "Without Him, I am nothing." Powerful words!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Oh, I'm hopeless all right. hopelessly lost for words most of the time! I'm not quick like you, but that's equally frustrating -- you've seen "You've Got Mail" -- so you know what I mean, right ;)

Let's strive to let God be first to speak in every conversation! that's something worth striving for....

(sorry for the delete--I HAD to fix the major type-o!)

Denise said...

Inspiring post.

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...