Saturday, February 04, 2012

So Still


I am up with the sun on the day that ends the week.
All is hushed as day slices night.
Winter clouds race across a blue-gray sky, announcing the coming rains, while tall pines sway back and forth to their tune of wind.
Birds begin to wake and proclaim their sunrise songs.
And I am still, watching and waiting.

A hint of color breaks through and I'm rushing to the east window to see paintings across sky.
A rooster crows and a lone cow joins in with her voice.
Tall grasses boast gold tones as the colors of morning come to life.
It's all so still...
and I'm so still.


He is all around, filling earth with glory.
I find Him best in early morning,
before all the noise invades and drowns praise.

A new beginning.

A new day to love and worship and grow.
The sights and sounds of morning- all expressions of His love.

How often I miss them in my hurrying and rushing.
I relish the days I can just sit...and watch...and not have to be anywhere or do anything.
The days I can just be still and know...
For there is something precious in the knowing.
It's what leads me to praise.

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46:10)
 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

just gorgeous! Love when we don't have to rush past God's gifts.

Nikki said...

Beautiful.
"The sights and sounds of morning- all expressions of His love."
Yes--let's slow down and relish in His love. .. .
All for Him,
Nikki

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...