Monday, February 20, 2012

Forced to Slow

In this sick bed, where I've been for days...
And I forced to slow...
To stop.
To be done with the hurrying and going and doing and talking and... all of it...  
Just to be...

And while slowing down is exactly the thing I find myself desiring every single day, I find myself stir-crazy and wishing for more.
Have I trained myself to mindlessly exist in the busy?  Content to go and never really stop?
Why, when I get what I think I want, do I immediately find myself wanting something else?

Maybe it's just another manifestation of this deep longing for heaven that fills my being.
This desire for more, for something never quite grasped, for something bigger.


I am small, gazing into the vast expanse of heaven, shouting to Him for come and fill me with more!
More joy.
More grace.
More of Himself.

And so I drink in the moment and seek the gifts He's given.
I savor the time to really see...

Always counting...
#363 Grace to respond with kindness
#364 Emails filled with truth at the perfect time
#366 New friendships that click from the start
#369 Trust that He's in control
#372 Calm spirit in tense situation



Linking with Ann today on my journey to 1,000.

10 comments:

Pruningprincesses said...

"...trained myself to mindlessly exist in the busy." So many people exist here. I love the way you describe it. Hope you are feeling better. 

Michele-Lyn said...

"This desire for more, for something never quite grasped, for something bigger." ... Nothing in this world can satisfy... though we seek and find and fill... in those deep places designed for only Him to dwell...

"more of Him... less of me"

Our heart's cry... beautiful as always... my friend...

Amy King said...

The desire for more of Him...Oh how I don't want my heart to ever grow content with my place with Christ.  Your writing is so inspiring.  Absolutely Love your blog!  (Visiting from A holy experience today!)  Hope you are feeling better soon! Blessings!

Nikki said...

 I pray you feel better soon, friend! We are so blessed you manage to find such beautiful words to share even when your held probably feels elsewhere ;)
You confirmed the lesson I learned in church yesterday. That He wants us to desire more. more of Him. More of what He is capable of. For we haven't seen anything yet! :)

Alexandra Anne said...

This is EXACTLY how I felt on Thursday. It's kind of like God said "kid, slow down. Give ME a day." 

Jamie H said...

Oh how I do understand this.  With my own sicknesses here lately, I do understand so much.  I find myself learning to slow down and actually breathe deeply of Him.

Barbie said...

I pray that you will feel better soon.  I am asking Him to draw close to you in this time of stillness and quiet your mind, body and spirit.  It's so true though that when we come to that place of quietness, it's an act of our will to stay quiet.

Candace said...

More of Him, less of me. YES! My prayer also! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. :) I came over to your blog and it is SO pretty! I love the colors! :) 

Tereasa Mansfield said...

Love this.  Yes... more!  With the filling, comes the craving.  You can't get enough can you?  And in every moment, every grace, he teaches us more.  His love never fails.  Hope you feel better!

CynthiaJSwenson said...

The desire of my heart; come quickly Lord Jesus!

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...