Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Dear Friend...

Dear Friend,

I do not deserve you, but you were thrown into my lap by a God who delights in blessing me with good gifts, and you are certainly a gift.  I wasn't even looking for you, but God had you waiting in the wings for when I was ready to receive you.

Your encouragement and truth compel me to live fully.
Your listening ear and the time you take to care humble me.
I am blessed by your love.

Sometimes I stand back and watch you, how you move in and among those whom God has placed in your life, and I'm amazed at your joy.  It's clearly been placed in your heart by your Redeemer.

On the days when I grumble and complain, you gently lift my spirits and lovingly remind me to thank and praise and breathe...  When I'm low, you pick me up, dust me off, and hold my hand until I can walk steadily again.

And you, no matter what, never, ever stop loving me.

The words you give me penetrate my heart and leave scars... scars of grace and mercy and healing.

To you, I matter.

Continually, you give me the best gift you possibly can- yourself.

And so from the deepest parts of my heart I thank you, dear friend.  Although a simple "thank you" never seems to be enough...  I love you.

If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! (Ecclesiastes 4:10)




Take the time to tell your friends how much they mean to you.  
It matters...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Oh how lovely, Katie.
I felt it. like a warm embrace.
Beautiful. this love.
Love to you as well, friend!
~nikki

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...