Friday, January 27, 2012

Try a Little [of His] Tenderness

It's Five Minute Friday.
Type for 5 minutes on one word.
No stopping or editing.











Today's word= TENDER


GO.

Tender.
Open and Soft.
Ready to receive.
Aware.
I want a heart that is tender toward Christ.
Never hard or stubborn or selfish.
Like the heart of a child, always open to love.
There are days when I fight hard for the tender.
Days when the callous thorns spring up and try to choke out the young, tender heart.
I want to be changeable and willing to let him make me what He's planned for me to be.
My hardness shuts Him out, so I run from it.
I run hard.
Breathless.
Into His arms.
His tender embrace gathers me up and protects.
My redeemer teaches me tenderness daily.
Without Him I am nothing.

STOP.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

nicely done!
"I want a heart that is tender towards Christ."
YES!
me, too....

All for Him,
Nikki

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...