Thursday, January 05, 2012

Things I Love [Kindle Library Lending]

I got an iPad for my birthday over the summer, and even though I wasn't sure if I would use it enough to make it worth the money, it turns out that I'm using it all the time!  One of the biggest uses I've found is the Kindle app.  I am reading ALL the time, and I haven't paid for a book yet!

One of the coolest things that Amazon has begun is the ability to borrow e-books from your local library.  It works just like borrowing a regular book except you don't have to drive to the library!  Of course, the selection is still limited, but I've found enough books to keep me reading as much as I have time for.  I've found so much good Christian fiction on there (look in the sidebar for a list).

If you have an iPad, there is an app to make it easier to find the books.  It's called Overdrive, and it will store your library for you.  I had to go to the library to get a PIN number, but that was really the only setup I had to do.

Here is the link for using your Kindle for borrowing books.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

princessxuxa said...

1) awesome
2) my library card information is somewhere in America, although it MIGHT be in Ouaga. (sad)
3) i will search high and low to find my card number.
4) because I need a good book to read
5) lots of blogs to catch up on

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...