Thursday, January 05, 2012

Smile, Snap, Check

"Take another one... just one more!"
smile, snap, check
"Ugh, that one's no good either. One more?"
(poor hubby)
smile "better", snap, check again
"I give up."
~~
I really need a new blog picture. These people are going to think I'm...
Frustration fills me.
...ugly.
~~
Lord, why did you make me this way?
Why don't I look like *person who's a size 2* or *person with perfect hair*?
Every time I try to get just one good picture of myself, I end up taking at least 50 and not being happy with any of them.
Satan likes to whisper in my ear--> "People could never really like you. They only like the pretty people."
What? Maybe he's right...
~~
Then I hear another whisper, a little louder than the first.

Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. [1 Peter 3:4]


Let me make you who I want you to be.
Stop worrying about what's on the outside.
I can make you beautiful.
Abide in my love.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, I hear you, Katie. Abide, sister, and let those true words go deep.

simplystriving said...

Girl, I'm with you. And Annie.
Let's work on abiding and allowing those true words to soak in deep. . .
~nikki

Monica said...

I have to say that I am really, really loving reading your blog! I so relate to this struggle. I'm never happy with pictures of myself. I never quite seem to measure up in them. But I do need to hold on to the knowledge that my Creator has created me in a unique way to glorify him. I need to appreciate His creation and let that knowledge sink into my heart.

katie said...

Why is that we always tell ourselves that we DO measure up in the eyes of Christ but we can't ever truly convince ourselves of it? I'm convinced that Satan knows where to hurt us. Thanks for the comments, girls! :)

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...