Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Open [Five Minute Friday...on Wednesday!]

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most important: visit, comment, encourage the person before you.
This is what Five Minute Fridays are all about! Dive in!


(Yes, I'm posting this on Wednesday, but I'm trying to get on schedule.)

Open:
GO.

Being open isn't something that's easy for me. I have many thoughts and opinions, but too often I just keep them to myself.  (Darn introverted personality!)
But...
As I've started becoming more involved in the blogging world, I've found that people really crave authentic and open conversation.
What do we have to lose by being open?
Perhaps someone will dislike what we have to say?
Maybe someone will think we're strange?
But think about our savior.
He was different, the MOST different, yet He was unafraid to be completely open about who He was.
He was not a people-pleaser.
Not like we are.
Being open allows us to connect and really get to know other people.
When we share our struggles, joys, and fears, who knows who might be encouraged by our words?
God will use our "realness" in so many ways.
But this requires being unafraid and stepping into unknown, sometimes scary territory.
This is one of my goals for 2012- to be more open without fear.

STOP.

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...