Wednesday, January 04, 2012

One Word Wednesday [Love] #1

Rather than just making a list of New Year's Resolutions, Ali Edwards sparked the idea of choosing one word to embody in the coming year. (Sara's story is also inspiring. Visit her blog if you have a few minutes hours.)

My word last year was faith.  It was a year of trusting God and growing in my faith.  So many things changed in my life, and I definitely learned to give my fears and worries to Jesus.  I grew to love His Word, and I began to crave time with Him.

I thought long and hard about my word for 2012, and I've decided on love.  I want to be intentional about loving God, family, friends, even enemies. I am already finding that this is something I have to keep in the forefront of my thoughts.  If my goal is intentional love, I cannot be selfish!  Others have to come before me, and of course, that is never easy.  This little self-loving sinner doesn't like to be last!

How are you intentionally loving others?

1 comment:

simplystriving said...

What a perfect word to focus on for 2012: Love.
And more importantly? Intentional Love.
Looking forward to seeing how God uses this for you this year! To God be the glory!
~nikki

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...