Friday, January 13, 2012

I'll Never Sleep Again [FMF- Awake]


I'm beginning to love posting on Friday. Having a topic to write aimlessly about is somehow freeing.



Awake:
GO.

I could write about being awake too early in the morning or not being able to fall asleep at night long after I need to be snoring, but I want to dig deeper and find more.

When I think about being awake, my mind goes back to last summer when God awakened my heart to His love and grace.  I was ambling along, sporting a sleepy Christianity, while people around me were experiencing God!  I wasn't even aware that I was asleep.

"Awake my soul, and sing."  Those lyrics from Chris Tomlin are running through my head as I type.  It's only when we find Christ and surrender to His love that our souls can truly be satisfied and awake.

Being awake means being alert, moving around, and seeing.  
When our souls are awake, we are at peace.

Thanks be to God for seeking our souls and our hearts when we don't even know we need it!

STOP.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Amen!

Sarah said...

Absolutely! Great song lyric.

~Stacy said...

Praise God that He "awakened your heart to His love and grace"! I loved these words of hope for anyone still "sporting a sleepy Christianity", that it's "when we find Christ and surrender to His love that our souls can truly be satisfied and awake." Great post!

Amy Nabors said...

I can so identify with this. The same thing happened to me a few years ago and nothing has been the same.

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...