Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday [Vivid]

Five minutes of writing.
No editing.
Today's word is vivid.

GO.

Vivid means alive.
Colorful.
Real.
Clearly seen.
I seek a life that sees everything through vivid lenses.
Small moments, slowing down in time to be savored, remembered...
I don't want to miss anything!
His graces, the ones He's pouring into my ever-seeking heart with every breath.
I press moments into my heart's journal to hold them there forever.
I press deep.
This life is brief, always ticking away, yet we so often hurry and scurry and rush...
Oh, that rush.
Always chasing us into a place of dull, monotonous darkness.
When we stop and gaze and breathe it all in...
That's when life really becomes vivid.




3 comments:

Nikki said...

So very true, Katie!
Yes. let's strive to breathe in deep. Savor long whatever time holds. . .

Stacie said...

I think you are exactly right. At least, I know I need to slow down to catch more of the vivid.

Azuma-chan said...

"When we stop and gaze and breathe it all in...
That's when life really becomes vivid."

That is so true. Thank you for sharing such lovely post <3

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...