Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chopping Roots

Every single time I see her, something like a knot twists inside my spirit.
Tight.
Consuming.
Cutting breath.

Her face reminds me of the pain that once sliced my soul.
I want to run and hide... and hide.


Lord, how can I love her?
It just...hurts.
Teach me how.


There is something growing, taking hold, deep within.
There is a root called resentment that gives life to something called hate.
Oh Lord, no...  Not hate.  Deliver me from evil.


I fear that left alone, this bitter root will wind around my heart, suffocating me slowly.

And I know it will...
*sigh*
I know.


These are the times I need Him to teach me how to love with His love.
When I am fighting it with all I am.
When my pain speaks so loud that even fingers in ears is futile.
When my heart sheds tears and pitches a fits.

My sin is great and my need for grace is greater.
Despite the pain, teach me to love...even her.


"See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."  -Hebrews 12:15 (NIV)

Are there any roots of bitterness or resentment in your life today?  How are you fighting them?  Please share!

2 comments:

Sarah Nutter said...

Totally agree with this, Katie. It's so true--our sin is great...which means His grace is greater!! Thanks for the encouragement today!

BARBIE said...

It's only by His grace that I am able to see my ugly heart for what it is at times. I am so thankful He never let's me go!

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...