Shout, Daughter Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you,
righteous and victorious,
lowly and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Zech 9:9 (538 BC)
500 years before Jesus came into Jerusalem on a donkey, Zechariah was prophesying about it!!! God's plan was in place from the beginning. So cool!
Here are some others.
- The Son of Man. Jesus is Joshua the High Priest and Zerubabbel the King at the resurrection. (Zechariah 3-4)
- The Branch. Jesus was the Branch who was cut off at the crucifixion but sprang to life at the resurrection. (Zechariah 6: 12-13)
- King on a Donkey. Jesus rode into the east gate of Jerusalem on a donkey during His final week. (Zechariah 9: 9)
- Valued at 30 Shekels. He was betrayed for 30 shekels of silver. (Zechariah 11: 12-13)
- The Pierced One. He was pierced by a sword. (Zechariah 12: 10)
- Two Streams. Blood and water flowed from His side. (Zechariah 13: 1)
- A Sword Strikes the Shepherd and Scatters the Sheep. The disciples scattered at His arrest. (Zechariah 13: 7)
- Wounded by Friends. He was killed by Israel. (Zechariah 13: 6)