Monday, June 20, 2011

Burden?

1 John 5:3 ESV-
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
~~~
As many times as I have read this passage, I don't think my mind has ever really settled on this particular part.  "His commandments are not burdensome."

There have been so many times that I've felt burdened by choosing to do what I knew God wanted me to, and that was because MY way always seemed better.  I've thought, " Oh, it will be so hard to do this and I will be unhappy." 

But take another look at the first part of the verse.  The love of God.  If I truly love God, keeping his commandments will be a joy!  Even if I don't get what I think I need, I happily submit because I know his way is perfect and it's the only way i CAN have joy.

No comments:

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...