Sunday, May 01, 2011

james 4:7-10

"Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.  Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.  Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you." -James 4:7-10
~~~
Submitting myself to God means I am completely His.  I must give Him my all... My emotions, desires, happiness, pain, fear, etc.  God promises that if I fight Satan, he will have no power over me; I am God's and He will protect me from evil.  Each and every time I seek the face of God, truly, I will find Him.  I am a sinner, I am torn in my spirit, and I must be pure and clean before God.  I need to understand the seriousness of my sinful nature and humble myself before God, my only saving grace.  When I am humble, He will lift me up in Him.

No comments:

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...