Saturday, April 30, 2011

depraved.

"The ordinary man may feel ashamed of doing wrong: but the saint, endowed with a superior refinement of moral sensibility, and keener powers of introspection, is ashamed of being the kind of man who is liable to do wrong"- N.P. Williams
~~~
Romans 7:18- "I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh."
I Corinthians 2:14- "The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned."
~~~
Over and over, I am reminded of my spiritual depravity.  I am unable to choose anything good, namely Christ.  I am vehemently resistant to the love of Christ.  This is utterly disheartening, but thank God He made me alive!  Ephesians 2:4-5 says, "But God, being RICH in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ- by grace you have been saved."  No matter how hard I TRY to love Christ, I am incapable without the drawing of the Holy Spirit.  To find delight in Christ, God must make my heart alive.  This makes me so thankful to my God and humbles my heart completely.  
~~~
"We are so bad that we cannot love God.  We cannot delight in God above all things.  We cannot treasure Christ..."  -J.Piper When I Don't Desire God

No comments:

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...